- Location: Lakeway Powersports
- Availability: In Stock
- Year: 2012
- Manufacturer: Yamaha
- Model: FX10M53SBB
- New/Used: New
- Miles: 0
- Primary Color: Black
- Condition: Excellent
- Title: Bill of Sale
- Stock #: y1153
- VIN: JYE8HU001CA001153
|Engine Type||Four Stroke|
|Bore x Stroke||82.0 x 66.2 mm|
|Carburetion||41 mm fuel injection|
|Ignition||Digital T.C.I. with throttle position sensor|
|Exhaust||2 valves, rear exhaust|
|Brake Type||4-piston hydraulic w/ lightweight ventilated disc|
|Front Travel||8.5 in.|
|Rear Suspension||ProMountain® Air 153|
|Rear Travel||13.8 in.|
|Ski Type||MT-9 mountain ski|
|Ski Stance||40.7 in.|
|Track Type||Single-ply Camoplast® Maverick|
|Track Dimensions||15 in. x 153 in. x 2.25 in.|
|Speedometer||Standard (LCD, digital)|
|Tachometer||Standard, backlit (LCD)|
|Odometer||Standard (large LCD display)|
|Headlight||60/55W Halogen x 2|
|Fuel Capacity||7.4 gal.|
|Color||Yamaha Blue, Yamaha Black|
|Hand & Thumb Warmers||Standard|
This is a new unit with full factory warranty.
An MPI Turbo is also available for this unit
Web price plus Destination, Doc Fee, & Sales Tax.
- High Performance 4-stroke engine: The over-achieving High Performance engine is the heart of our lightweight, high performance and aggressive FX Nytro model family. It has dominated its class at the Old Forge Shoot-Out 2 years straight, claiming top speed twice and posting the best average ET over 4 runs down the ¼-mile track.
- Advanced fuel injection: The High Performance engine uses Yamaha's advanced fuel injection system to control fuel flow to the engine. Consumers will enjoy the engine's spot-on performance and throttle response as a result of the advanced electronic fuel injection system.
- Engine braking reduction system: The High Performance engine features the unique Engine Braking Reduction System. The system allows a small amount of air to pass through the fuel injection system when the throttle is released, giving riders a “coast” feeling.
- Lightweight rear-exiting exhaust: The patented rear exit design serves many performance-enhancing functions on the FX Nytro MTX 153. First, it maximizes horsepower by using a straight exhaust pipe design. Second, it reduces the amount of under-hood heat produced. Third, the rear-exiting design distributes weight to contribute to the excellent balance of the sled.
- Forced air radiator ducting: The FX Nytro MTX 153's airflow design pulls fresh air in from around the headlight and forces it through the radiator fins for high cooling capacity, resulting in consistent engine performance even in low-snow conditions.
- 15 x 153 x 2.25-inch Single-ply Camoplast® Maverick™ track: Yamaha and Camoplast® collaborated in the design of the Maverick™ track. The 15x153x2.25-inch track features a 3-inch pitch to allow more snow to pack in between the lugs for a firmer grip on the snow. Also, the lugs are extremely varied in design and profile for even more traction in multiple snow conditions.
- New single-piece extrovert drive sprockets: Churning the track is a pair of new single-piece extrovert drive sprockets. The engineering team purpose-built these sprockets to work with the Maverick™ track, reduce weight from the previous sprockets, and decrease vibration.
- FXG2 front suspension geometry: The FX Nytro MTX 153 features the acclaimed FX Nytro front suspension with more trail and relaxed caster for greater deep snow handling and side hilling ability. The sway bar was also removed to enhance handling in steep, mountainous regions.
- New Camoplast MT-9 Ski: The new skis have great deep snow flotation and cut 1.8 lbs off from the previous design.
- FX™ chassis with sport rider-forward position: The compact design puts the engine down low and back in the chassis, leaving the top of the cab open for airflow. This gives the FX Nytro MTX 153 a very centralized mass. The FX Nytro MTX 153's sport rider-forward ergonomic design puts the rider in an aggressive, yet comfortable, forward posture.
- Tall, wide, hooked mountain handlebars: To match the tall and forward position, a single-piece, dual-hooked handlebar is standard fare on the FX Nytro MTX 153. The hooks have the same grip material as the main bar section, for consistent control, regardless of hand position on the grip. Mountain riders will appreciate the center grab strap when it's time for sidehilling.
- Composite upper skeleton: The headlight assembly and upper portion of the FX Nytro MTX 153 is supported by a super-lightweight composite framework. By using a rugged, high tech composite material as the structure for the top portion of the sled, Yamaha engineers were able to keep the mass centered low and deep in the chassis.
- Lightweight tunnel: The FX Nytro MTX 153 features a lightweight tunnel design. With the runningboards tipped up at an aggressive 11-degree angle, the FX Nytro MTX 153 delivers big ground clearance for deep snow capability. The design also features large snow evacuation and boot gripper punch outs.
- ProMountain Air rear suspension: The Nytro MTX 153 is equipped with a totally redesigned rear suspension. In a joint effort, Yamaha co-developed this suspension with Fox to make it the best suspension for any mountain rider. It is equipped with a Fox® FLOAT™ 2 and Fox® FLOAT™ XV shock that boost this suspension to a whole another level. This combined with a new shallow approach angle, a semi coupled design, and new lightweight rails, make this one suspension you don't want to mess with.
- Fox® FLOAT® 2 front shocks: Fox® FLOAT® 2 shocks use an air spring designed to force the piston to rebound. This eliminates the need for steel coil springs. They cut three pounds off the sled's overall weight, as compared to traditional coil over springs. They are individually tunable by using a pocket-sized air pump, which comes with the sled, so consumers will be able to set the front suspension up to their liking.
- Wide runningboards with traction: The FX Nytro MTX 153 is all about fun and handling. As a result, the runningboards are nice and wide and loaded with traction. Riders will be able to put their feet anywhere on the runningboards and have confidence in their traction. This allows the rider to move around and really enjoy the full fun of a lightweight sled.
- Wheels with removable bearings: Replaceable bearing wheels makes maintenance easy and cheap, while the 6 spoke design adds to the visual appeal of the already super cool looking FX Nytro MTX 153. This design is implemented on all rear wheels.
- New sculpted narrow seat: The FX Nytro MTX 153 has a narrow seat for comfort. In addition to putting the rider in a tall, forward, attack posture, the seat's height makes it plush and comfortable for a full day of riding. The narrow seat sits atop the beveled tunnel, which allows the track to be a traditional 15 inches wide, to maximize traction. In addition, a new seat cover material has been incorporated this year for added comfort and durability. The seat foam has been improved as well with anti-sagging properties.
- Concentrated hand warmers: These hand warmers have a concentrated element design, which focuses the heat in the middle of the grip material. The result is a warm grip for your hand's most comfortable riding position. In addition, an insulator is placed between the heating element and handlebar to retain heat longer and more efficiently than previous designs.
- Standard electric start: Yamaha's electric starter system allows consumers to fire up their FX Nytro MTX 153 with the turn of a key. There is no pulling on a nylon cord to get this high-tech engine growling! Electric start is a standard feature on all of Yamaha's 4-stroke machines.
- Digital gauge: The digital gauge displays key information at a glance. Vehicle speed is displayed on a large LCD readout. In addition, the rider can select tachometer, odometer or tripmeter data to appear on secondary readout. The gauge also displays system warning lights, fuel level, and warmer intensity.
- Standard mechanical reverse: The FX Nytro MTX 153's simple reverse system allows riders to back out of tight spaces hassle-free. It's engaged with the lever located on the right shroud. Just pull out the lever and slide it to the right for quick and easy use.
- Quick-release, single-piece hood/console shroud: The FX Nytro MTX 153 has a single-piece hood and console shroud. The design allows owners to open and close the top portion of the sled easily with Dzus® quick-connect fasteners.
- New graphic packages: The FX Nytro MTX 153 comes in two graphic packages; stylish Yamaha blue/white and black/red. These awesome designs produce one of the best looking sleds on the snow.
- Type / Displacement / cc: 4-Stroke, 1049cc
- Cylinders: Three
- Cooling: Liquid
- Bore & Stroke / mm: 82.0 X 66.2
- Intake Design: 2 Valves
- Ignition: Digital T.C.I. with throttle position sensor
- Fuel Delivery: 41mm fuel injection
- Exhaust: 2 valves, rear exhaust
- Clutch / Transmission: YVXC, variable ratio
- Disc. Brake Type: 4-piston hydraulic w/ lightweight ventilated disc
- Front Suspension: FXG2
- Front Shocks: Fox® FLOAT® 2
- Front Travel / in.: 8.5 in
- Ski Type: MT-9 mountain ski
- Carbide Ski Runners: Standard
- Rear Suspension: ProMountain® Air 153
- Rear Shocks: Fox® FLOAT® 2/ FLOAT® 2 XV
- Rear Travel / in.: 13.8 in
- Track Type: Single-ply Camoplast® Maverick
- Overall Length / in.: 131.5 in
- Overall Height / in.: 47.0 in
- Track/Width x Length x Height / in.: 15 in X 153 in X 2.25 in
- Ski Stance (ctr. to ctr.) in.: 40.7 in
- Fuel Capacity / Gal.: 7.4 gal
- Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- Oil Capacity / Qts.: 3, Dry Sump
- Engine Oil Type: Yamalube 4, 0w-30, Cold Weather Formula
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard
- Windshield Height: Low
- Mirrors: Optional
- Seating Capacity: One
- Tunnel Protectors: Standard
- Headlight Watts, Type: 60/55W Halogen x 2
- High Beam Indicator: Standard
- High Beam Indicator: Standard
- Oil & Temp Light: Standard
- Fuel Gauge Type: Electric (LCD), low fuel warning light
- Speedometer: Standard (LCD, digital)
- Odometer: Standard (large LCD display)
- Tripmeter: Standard, backlit (LCD)
- Tachometer: Standard, backlit (LCD)
- DC Outlet: Automotive
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)